Quote


"Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other Plans"
-John Lennon

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nothing Like the White Noise of a Record Player...

When I woke up today I noticed that it was just a little bit colder....Winter is officially knocking on the door! So to enjoy my last bits of Fall, I decided to get ready for my day to the familiar sound of my records. I think today we'll start out with a little Bill Withers Ain't no Sunshine, and then follow that with some Phil Collins....because let's be honest, Phil makes every day just that much better!






....Two of my favorites....








Thank goodness for my record player coming back from the dead. We thought we had lost it there for a while. To those of you that don't know, you need to have some kind of energy converter for U.S. electronics, and we plugged the record player into such a device, but apparently not the correct one, because all we heard when we turned it on was a loud bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, followed by a POP! When we (ie: Knut) went to investigate what had happened, the plug converter had shot out of the wall! 

We thought the record player was a goner, but about a week later we decided to give it another shot, and plugged it into a different converter and it worked!!! Thank goodness we didn't give up on it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment